From Mathieu Malaterre <mathieu.malate...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Building fop from source on debian
Date Tue, 23 Aug 2011 10:23:07 GMT
Hi Simon,

  Thanks for taking the time to answer my question.

On Mon, Aug 22, 2011 at 8:31 PM, Simon Pepping <spepping@leverkruid.eu> wrote:
> This should not happen. I looks like an error in the order of the
> build targets. How did you run the build? Which ant version and which
> java in which version are you using?

ant is version 1.8.2-3 (debian)
java is:
java version "1.6.0_18"
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (IcedTea6 1.8.7) (6b18-1.8.7-2~squeeze1)

We are only building the following two targets:
DEB_ANT_BUILD_TARGET := package javadocs

And the classpath is set to (during build):

DEB_JARS             := $(ANT_HOME)/lib/ant-trax.jar batik-all
xml-apis-ext batik-libs xml-apis avalon-framework xercesImpl
xmlParserAPIs xalan2 junit commons-io commons-logging
xmlgraphics-commons servlet-api-2.4 qdox

>> Reported as:
>
> Your build errors are not fop bugs, unless proven. No thanks.

This is what surprised me when I saw a Null pointer exception being
raised in the code. Starring at the code I could not understand if
this was part of the pre-condition or if there is an issue with the
code which does not support null pointer.

Thanks again,
--
Mathieu