From Chris Bowditch <bowditch_ch...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Performance Analysis (again :)
Date Thu, 25 Aug 2011 10:29:25 GMT
On 23/08/2011 10:19, polymorphisme wrote:
> Hello,

Hi,

<snip/>

> I can obtain a file.if.pdf (2 pages), but the transformation take 2.4
> seconds !
>   I think it's very a long duration when I see<duration>390</duration>  in
my
> results.xml !
>
> Do you know why when I use a class java the duration is very long ?
> What can I do for obtain a more small duration ?

Don't forget that the JVM needs to be warmed up before you can get
accurate measurements. This is because of Just in Time (JIT) compile, so
the first time the clases have to be loaded they are compiled to byte
code and then in the next few runs, the compiler will optimize any hot
spots. So, you probably need to run a loop of tests and discount the
results from the first 10 or so.

Chris