From Chris Bowditch <bowditch_ch...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Help: XSL to PCL
Date Fri, 26 Aug 2011 10:38:50 GMT
On 26/08/2011 05:11, Everson Rogério wrote:
> Hello
> I am using a Java class to generate PDF from an XSL and XML. Now, I
> need to generate PCL with these XSL and XML files.
>
> I read something about this in Graphic Library "fop"
> org.apache.fop.render.pcl, but I'm not succeeding.

If you are having a problem, then describing the problem would be
helpful, e.g. if you get an error then posting the stack will help
others to guide you.

> Can anyone help me? Send examples?

The FOP distribution includes an example of how to render XML+XSL to PDF
from a Java application in
fop\examples\embedding\java\embedding\ExampleXML2PDF.java.

Changing this example to generate PCL is a simple one line change to the
following line:

Fop fop = fopFactory.newFop(MimeConstants.MIME_PDF, foUserAgent, out);

Changing it to:

Fop fop = fopFactory.newFop(MimeConstants.MIME_PCL, foUserAgent, out);

> Note that there is an image in the PDF generated, so I'm using the tag
> <fo:external-graphic>. and works good!
>
> Thanks

Regards,

Chris