From Pascal Sancho <pascal.san...@takoma.fr>
Subject Re: XSL vs. FOP [was: Re: pagenumbering]
Date Wed, 31 Aug 2011 08:31:16 GMT
Hi,

as you said, XSL is separated in 2 things:
 - XML transformation (namespace http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform)
 - Formating objects (namespace http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format)

using the same name for this 2 separate things is quite unclear, so in
FOP lists we speak about either XSLT (about the former), or XSL-FO
(about the latter).

It is mainly for convenience that we use here these 2 short words: XSLT
Vs XSL-FO

What FOP engine takes as input is XSL-FO (tags <fo:xxx>), so it is
important to understand the difference between the 2 above.

Why XSL project splitted into 2 subprojects is out of topic here.

--
Pascal