From "Christopher R. Maden" <cr...@maden.org>
Subject Re: pagenumbering
Date Tue, 30 Aug 2011 15:37:10 GMT
On 08/30/2011 11:24 AM, Theresa Jayne Forster wrote:
> So, If I have it right, I need to set up 2 page-sequences one with
> the cover and one with the rest,
>
> And I need to set the page number at 1 for the second one,
>
> Reading through the links you gave appear to show that you cannot set
> a pagenumber of 0
>
> <quote>A positive integer. If a non-positive or non-integer value is
> provided, the value will be rounded to the nearest integer value
> greater than or equal to 1.</quote>
>
> So something like
>
> <fo:simple-page-master master-name="Front Page”>
>
> <fo:simple-page-master master-name="free-text-odd" >
>
> <fo:simple-page-master master-name="free-text-even" >
>
> <fo:page-sequence-master master-name="Contents">
>
> <fo:page-sequence-master master-name="Free Text-"
> initial-page-number=”1”>

Almost.  The initial-page-number goes on the actual fo:page-sequence
that uses the page-sequence-master.

BTW, while those master-names are legal, having spaces in them makes
them prone to breakage from line-wrapping or other oddities; single
tokens are good practice, though not required.

~Chris
“The present tendency and drift towards the Police State gives all
 free Americans pause.” — Alabama Supreme Court, 1955
 (Pike v. Southern Bell Tel. & Telegraph, 81 So.2d 254)