From Sergiu Dumitriu <ser...@xwiki.com>
Subject Re: TransformerConfigurationException
Date Thu, 18 Aug 2011 14:57:24 GMT
On 08/18/2011 09:39 AM, KAMOHELO MOFOKENG wrote:
> Hi All,
> Has anyone encountered this exception before, if yes, what does it mean?
> I'm running a XSL-FO to PDF code inside a JApplet. The code work fine as
> a stand alone module but it fails inside an applet throwing the exeption:
> --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> javax.xml.transform.TransformerConfigurationException: Failed to compile
> stylesheet. 1 error detected.
> at net.sf.saxon.PreparedStylesheet.prepare(PreparedStylesheet.java:124)
> at
> net.sf.saxon.TransformerFactoryImpl.newTemplates(TransformerFactoryImpl.java:125)
> at
> net.sf.saxon.TransformerFactoryImpl.newTransformer(TransformerFactoryImpl.java:80)

This looks like an XSLT error, not a FOP one. Are you using such a
transformation to obtain the XSL-FO document from another XML file?

If it fails in an applet but works standalone, I'd say the difference
that triggers the error is in the classpath; a different XSLT processor
is used in the applet (or at least a different version of saxon).

--
Sergiu Dumitriu
http://purl.org/net/sergiu/