From Rob Sargent <rsarg...@xmission.com>
Subject Re: Complicated front page layouts: use tables?
Date Fri, 05 Aug 2011 15:12:59 GMT
bottom-posted

On 08/05/2011 08:53 AM, mike 675 wrote:

> Rob Sargent-4 wrote:
>> two-column page layout with full-page-length sized blocks might do the
>> trick.
>>
> Thanks. How do I select a non-standard front page layout like this?
> I am working using the titlepage.template.xml file to generate the fop
> markup for my front page.

I'm not sure what you would be selecting from but some "template" which
it designed for brochures or news letters might fit the bill. At the fo
level it's the column-count property on region-body.  Here's one I'm
using in my stylesheet (which transforms the xml containing the content
into fo layout).

                <fo:simple-page-master master-name="chapter-open"
page-height="11in" page-width="8.5in"
                                       margin="{$rightPageMargins}">
                    <fo:region-body column-count="2"
                                    margin-top="{$chapterOpenExtent}in"
                                    margin-right="0.7in"
                                    column-gap="0.4in"/>
                    <fo:region-before region-name="chapter-title"
                                      column-count="2"
                                      column-gap="0.4in"
                                      margin-right="0.7in"
                                      extent="{$chapterOpenExtent}in"/>