From Steve Quirk <squ...@ieee.org>
Subject RE: Servlet Output Filename
Date Wed, 07 Jan 2009 18:02:47 GMT

On Wed, 7 Jan 2009, Pete Allison wrote:

> All,
>
> I cannot figure out how to specify the output filename when calling FOP from
> a servlet. I extended the example servlet that came with the distribution.
>
> I confess I know just enough JAVA to be dangerous, but that didn't stop me
> from successfully using FOP. However, on this I'm stumped and I must be able
> to allow the user to specify the outfile name.
>
> I have search the FAQs, the internet, and tried to use setOutfile.

I'm not familiar with the servlet example, but normally in a servlet you'd
set the content-disposition header:

     HttpServletResponse aResponse;   // assume you have this
     aResponse.setContentType("application/octet-stream");
     aResponse.addHeader("Content-Disposition", "attachment; filename=\"" + aName + ".pdf\"");

Steve