xmlgraphics-fop-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Jeremias Maerki <...@jeremias-maerki.ch>
Subject Re: mixing Cyrillic and Roman characters -> PDF output
Date Sat, 08 Nov 2008 17:56:23 GMT
Sorry to be late here, but to clear up a couple of things:
- For TrueType fonts, the XML font metrics files are not necessary
anymore. <auto-detect/> or <directory> will work just fine.
- Support for all glyphs in a Type 1 fonts has been added to FOP after
the 0.95 release branch. With FOP Trunk, your Type 1 fonts with cyrillic
characters should work, but not with 0.95 as you noticed.

On 08.11.2008 18:10:00 Jay Berkenbilt wrote:
> Jean-Fran├žois El Fouly <jean-francois@elfouly.fr> wrote:
> 
> > Not sure Base-14 fonts are configured to support the full Unicode
> > set. It looks dangerous to rely on default font settings when you want
> > something special.
> > I tried to specify a font-family (for which my system is properly
> > configured !) and it works.
> > . . .
> 
> Your answer led me to the solution.  On debian, I installed
> ttf-sil-charis, used the instructions on the website to generate
> metrics:
> 
> for i in /usr/share/fonts/truetype/ttf-sil-charis/*.ttf; do java -cp build/fop.jar:lib/avalon-framework-4.2.0.jar:lib/commons-logging-1.0.4.jar:lib/commons-io-1.3.1.jar
org.apache.fop.fonts.apps.TTFReader $i /tmp/${i:t}.xml; done
> 
> used this configuration:
> 
> <fop version="1.0">
>  <strict-configuration>true</strict-configuration>
>  <strict-validation>true</strict-validation>
>  <renderers>
>   <renderer mime="application/pdf">
>    <fonts>
>     <font metrics-url="file:///tmp/CharisSILR.ttf.xml"
>           embed-url="file:///usr/share/fonts/truetype/ttf-sil-charis/CharisSILR.ttf">
>      <font-triplet name="CharisSIL-Regular" style="normal" weight="normal"/>
>     </font>
>     <font metrics-url="file:///tmp/CharisSILB.ttf.xml"
>           embed-url="file:///usr/share/fonts/truetype/ttf-sil-charis/CharisSILB.ttf">
>      <font-triplet name="CharisSIL-Bold" style="normal" weight="bold"/>
>     </font>
>     <font metrics-url="file:///tmp/CharisSILI.ttf.xml"
>           embed-url="file:///usr/share/fonts/truetype/ttf-sil-charis/CharisSILI.ttf">
>      <font-triplet name="CharisSIL-Italic" style="italic" weight="normal"/>
>     </font>
>     <font metrics-url="file:///tmp/CharisSILBI.ttf.xml"
>           embed-url="file:///usr/share/fonts/truetype/ttf-sil-charis/CharisSILBI.ttf">
>      <font-triplet name="CharisSIL-Bold-Italic" style="italic" weight="bold"/>
>     </font>
>     <directory>/usr/share/fonts/truetype/ttf-sil-charis</directory>
>     <auto-detect/>
>    </fonts>
>   </renderer>
>  </renderers>
> </fop>
> 
> and then set font-family="CharisSIL-Regular".  After doing that,
> everything worked.
> 
> Thanks for the help!
> 
> -- 
> Jay Berkenbilt <ejb@ql.org>
> 



Jeremias Maerki


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: fop-users-unsubscribe@xmlgraphics.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: fop-users-help@xmlgraphics.apache.org


Mime
View raw message