From "Brad Smith" <usernamenum...@gmail.com>
Subject Fop and line-overruns using Japanese fonts
Date Mon, 30 Apr 2007 22:45:37 GMT
Hello all,

I have some documents with Japanese text that have been presenting
some very frustrating problems. When I render them using fop, in
several places long lines with no spaces (as is often the case with
such languages) spill over the edge of the page. Some searching online
and on this list found that this is a known issue and I read a
suggestion to insert a zero-width space (\u200B, I assume) between
each character as a fix. However, when I do this there is too little
space between characters when I render, such that the glyphs all
overlap one another. In some cases, they are also offset far to the
left so that they off the left edge of the page instead of the right.
I tried using a hair-space (\u200A) instead and had similar results.

Does anyone have an alternate workaround? I'm using fop 0.93.

--Brad