From Andreas L Delmelle <a_l.delme...@pandora.be>
Subject Re: Convert InputSource into a Character array
Date Sat, 07 Apr 2007 08:14:23 GMT
On Apr 6, 2007, at 14:26, Harshini Madurapperuma wrote:

Hi,

> This is my class overview; for u to get a rough idea. Initially I
> have a
> char array which I have converted into InputSource. Then within the
> Driver
> class in render method I want that InputSource to be converted back
> into a
> char array.

After all your posts, I (and I think I'm not alone in this) still
don't see why you feel a need to hack FOP to achieve your goals...

Anyway, I'd say that wrapping a BufferedReader around the
InputSource's CharacterStream and then closing the reader before FOP
can actually use the InputSource is what's causing the trouble here.
IIC, the stream backing the InputSource will be closed as a result of
reader.close()...

Intuitively, I'd say your approach is wrong in the sense that you
need to make sure you get at the character array before the
InputSource is created. IOW, you need to manipulate the input /
before/ passing it to FOP.

The foSource in driver.render(xmlReader, foSource); should be the one
you expect FOP to process. Anything in that source that could
interfere with normal processing, you need to remove before calling
that method (instead of altering the method itself, which is what
you're doing now).

Cheers,

Andreas