From Eric Vought <evou...@gmail.com>
Subject RE: IndexOutOfBoundsException Help
Date Thu, 12 Apr 2007 19:31:32 GMT

> From: "Pascal Sancho" <pascal.sancho@takoma.fr>
> Date: April 10, 2007 3:25:58 AM CDT
> To: <fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org>
> Subject: RE: IndexOutOfBoundsException Help
>

> Hi,
>
> Your exception seems to occur during the XSLT transformation,
> before FOP
> does it job.
>
> You should have a look on your XSLT engine.

Err.. No, this happens specifically after fop is called to process
the .fo file. It runs in a separate process from the DocBook->FO
transform. If you look at the error, you will see the package
"org.apache.fop". As I said, the .fo input file validates. I will see
if I can get another fo processor to take the file for comparison,
but even if there *is* something wrong with the input, a random crash
is hardly the expected result.

Again, I would love to trim it to a small, reproducible error to help
track this down, but so far I have spent hours and gotten nowhere.
What can I do to diagnose this (get a useful stack trace, tie it to
specific input, etc.)? I am currently running fop from an ant (1.7.0)
task (as per the docs), but it runs in its own VM. Are there any
properties I can send to make it dump diagnostics?

> Pascal
>

>>       [fop] Apr 9, 2007 5:11:09 PM
>> org.apache.fop.cli.InputHandler error
>>       [fop] SEVERE: javax.xml.transform.TransformerException:
>> Index: 14, Size: 12
>>
>> javax.xml.transform.TransformerException:
>> java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: Index: 14, Size: 12

Sincerely,

Eric Vought

"Vengence is violence returned with interest compounded on sorrow."