From Andreas L Delmelle <a_l.delme...@pandora.be>
Subject Re: Wrapping Long Text Without Spaces
Date Thu, 05 Apr 2007 18:59:54 GMT
On Apr 5, 2007, at 14:45, Manuel Mall wrote:

Hi Jeff / Manuel,

>> Does FOP only wrap text on spaces? What I'm seeing is that text
>> placed in a cell will overrun the cell boundaries if the text does
>> not contain a space.

> Assuming you are using the lastest FOP version instead of actually
> modifying FOP you could make your stylesheet insert a zero width space
> after each underscore as that would create a line break opportunity.

Just FYI: the other known workaround (which fits some scenarios
better than inserting ZWSPs) would be to activate hyphenation, and
use a ZWSP as hyphenation-character... In that case, FOP will
ultimately always break the words if they don't fit the available space.

Note that you do need the hyphenation patterns from OFFO, in that
case, as described here:
http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/0.93/hyphenation.html

Cheers,

Andreas