From Ian Hendry <ianhen...@yahoo.com>
Subject second run causes error
Date Tue, 17 Apr 2007 13:16:58 GMT

I have implemented FOP on an tomcat 5 servlet. The XML data is read from Oracle 10g to a java.lang.String
and then mixed with XSLT from the file system to produce the PDF. Once I start the tomcat
server and run the servlet all is good and the PDF is produced correctly. When I run the servlet
again I get a "File does not begin with '%PDF-" error. This error repeats until I restart
the tomcat server. The error in the tomcat log is

[INFO] ERROR: The processing instruction target matching "[xX][mM][lL]" is not allowed.

I've research this error and it points to white space before the

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8">

line in the XML but this seems not to be the case.

Any ideas where to look next??

Thanks in advance, Ian.

                    "C:\\Program Files\\Apache Software Foundation\\Tomcat 5.0\\webapps\\GPS");
            response.setHeader("Accept-Ranges", "bytes");
            logger.info("xslParam : " + xslParam);
            logger.info("xmlParam : " + xmlParam);
            Source xslSrc = new StreamSource(new File(xslParam));
            //    Construct driver
            Driver driver = new Driver();

            //Setup XSLT
            Transformer transformer = factory.newTransformer(xslSrc);
            //Setup input for XSLT transformation
            Source xmlSrc = new StreamSource(new StringReader(xmlParam));
            //Resulting SAX events (the generated FO) must be piped through to FOP
            Result res = new SAXResult(driver.getContentHandler());

            //Start XSLT transformation and FOP processing
            transformer.transform(xmlSrc, res);

            //Send content to Browser

View raw message