From Andrea Aime <a.a...@satanet.it>
Subject Footnotes with shared bodies
Date Tue, 24 Apr 2007 16:31:59 GMT
Hi,
in one application I have the need to have multiple footnotes,
all having the same inline element (say "(1)") refer the same
body in the page footer area. Basically, this is a catalogue,
and footnotes are used to provide extra informations. Many
articles in the same page may have the same accessory information,
that we want to write just once at the end of the page.

The list is long, so the list may overflow on the next page,
if so, the foot element will have to be repeated again.

I don't think this is supported by xsl-fo, but I have would
be happy to be proven wrong.
If not supported, how difficult would it be to alter FOP
in order to support this requirement? Could you give me any
hint/direction?

Oh, the list of articles is in a table, so I would have to
fix footnotes not working within a table too (I see there's
an open bug with attached patches there, but for some reason
it has been lingering for over an year...).

Cheers
Andrea