From Daniel Noll <dan...@nuix.com>
Subject Re: Problem with custom fonts
Date Thu, 19 Apr 2007 05:16:56 GMT
Thomas Zastrow wrote:
> I agree. I didn't thought of bundling FOP directly with the fonts.
> Instead, they could be put on another webpage and the user can download
> them optional. It was just an  idea, as it was some labour to build the
> metrics for my preferred fonts ;-)

I thought the command was basically the same for all fonts, except where
.ttc collections were involved.  I was (and still am) considering
writing some magic code which autocreates the metrics when a new font is
discovered.

>> We better try to discover the fonts installed on the system and
>> automatically configure them. Good news, Adrian Cumiskey recently
>> submitted a patch which does exactly that. Review and application pending...
>
> Huh, that would be the perfect solution ;-)

Only if it results in consistent metrics between PDF and AWT renderers.
Otherwise we'll just be bypassing all that convenience to make things
render right. :-/

Daniel

--
Daniel Noll