From Jeremias Maerki <...@jeremias-maerki.ch>
Subject Re: fop.jar, Service-registration mechanism, one-jar problem
Date Fri, 27 Apr 2007 06:52:12 GMT
Plus, you may need to merge some text files inside /META-INF/services if
you merge multiple JARs which may have files with the same name.

BTW, FOP doesn't do "funny things" concerning renderer registration.
This is a properly documented facility offered through Java. See here:
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/guide/jar/jar.html#Service%20Provider
Many packages use that facility including: ImageIO, javax.sound, Apache
Batik, Apache Xalan-J and many more.

On 27.04.2007 02:10:20 Daniel Noll wrote:
> b.ohnsorg@freenet.de wrote:
> > Now FOP does a funny thing with renderer-registration and I don't see
> > the use for it. Instead of doing a sort of init process like:
> >
> > - create map
>  > - register internal classes with MIMEs
>  > - handover map to plugin concept
> >
> > you do something like "read entries from file fop.jar and register if
> > instance of some sort of abstract renderer".
>
> It sounds like you might have just forgotten to put the content of
> fop.jar's /META-INF directory into your own jar file.
>
> Daniel

Jeremias Maerki