From Jeremias Maerki <...@jeremias-maerki.ch>
Subject Re: FOP 0.93 RTF and markers
Date Wed, 18 Apr 2007 08:01:13 GMT
The warnings you see pretty much tell you that leaders and markers are
not supported in RTF output. I don't even know if it is possible to
implement support for markers in RTF at all (XMLmind FO Converter
doesn't support markers, either). So better not count on it. Please
realize that RTF is our least reliable output format and it's impossible
to achieve a 100% mapping from XSL-FO to RTF. You may have to live with
some restrictions with RTF compared to other output formats.

On 17.04.2007 15:15:47 Brown, Phyllis \(NIH/NIEHS\) [C] wrote:
> We currently use FOP 0.20.5 to generate PDF files but wanted to update
> to FOP 0.93 so that we could also get RTF files.  All of our xsl files
> have been updated for using with FOP 0.93 to generate the PDF files
> (that was fun).  Most of our xsl files have markers so that we can
> repeat subheaders or dynamic footnotes on multiple pages.  When I
> generate the RTF files, they have no subheaders from the markers but
> everything else looks fine.  I'm using Microsoft Word 2000 to view the
> RTF file.
>
> I get the following warnings:
> "C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.5.0\bin\java"
> Apr 17, 2007 7:20:31 AM org.apache.fop.render.rtf.RTFHandler invokeDeferredEvent
> WARNING: Ignored deferred event for org.apache.fop.fo.flow.Leader@18f51f
> Apr 17, 2007 7:20:31 AM org.apache.fop.render.rtf.RTFHandler invokeDeferredEvent
> WARNING: Ignored deferred event for org.apache.fop.fo.flow.Leader@18f51f
> Apr 17, 2007 7:20:31 AM org.apache.fop.render.rtf.RTFHandler invokeDeferredEvent
> WARNING: Ignored deferred event for org.apache.fop.fo.flow.Leader@5976c2
> Apr 17, 2007 7:20:31 AM org.apache.fop.render.rtf.RTFHandler invokeDeferredEvent
> WARNING: Ignored deferred event for org.apache.fop.fo.flow.Leader@5976c2
> Apr 17, 2007 7:20:31 AM org.apache.fop.render.rtf.RTFHandler invokeDeferredEvent
> WARNING: Ignored deferred event for org.apache.fop.fo.flow.RetrieveMarker@183e7de
> Apr 17, 2007 7:20:31 AM org.apache.fop.render.rtf.RTFHandler invokeDeferredEvent
> WARNING: Ignored deferred event for org.apache.fop.fo.flow.RetrieveMarker@183e7de
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Phyllis
>
>  <<cagesort.fo>>