From "Jay Bryant" <...@bryantcs.com>
Subject Re: word page break
Date Mon, 02 Apr 2007 22:31:00 GMT
Hi, Pardha,

I've done lots of work with WordML, so I can get you started on this one.

Insert -> Page Break produces the following element in Word's XML output (in the paragraph's
text run):

<w:br w:type="page"/>

When you do it from the paragraph properties, you get the following element (in the pPr element
for the paragraph):

<w:pageBreakBefore/>

So, to catch them both, you need corresponding templates, thus:

<xsl:template match="w:pageBreakBefore">
  <!-- Do whatever you do with page breaks here -->
</xsl:template>

<xsl:template match="w:br[@w:type='page']">
  <!-- Do whatever you do with page breaks here -->
</xsl:template>

If you do the same thing with the two kinds of breaks, you can process them in the same template,
thus:

<xsl:template match="w:pageBreakBefore|w:br[@w:type='page']">
  <!-- Do whatever you do with page breaks here -->
</xsl:template>

HTH

Jay Bryant
Bryant Communication Services