From Jeremias Maerki <...@jeremias-maerki.ch>
Subject Re: Image quality
Date Wed, 04 Oct 2006 21:40:20 GMT
There are two possible reasons for your problems:
- FOP 0.92beta introduces some support for color profiles which is
actually to improve the quality of the overall process.
- ...but FOP 0.92beta has a bug: It may assign an sRGB color profile to
an image the is not supposed to be in the sRGB color space so the color
may come out wrong. This particular bug has been fixed in FOP Trunk
(from the SVN repository).

If you could try without JIMI but with FOP Trunk....... At any rate,
there are no special procedures to influence image handling. But it
could be that there is still another bug lurking somewhere.

On 04.10.2006 16:01:31 Richard King wrote:
> Thanks for that.
> I originally implemented the system without jimi and a FATAL was thrown for the GIF images(FOP
was looking for jimi specific classes).

> Please note my JPG images had no problems.
>
> Once I included jimi there were no more problems.
>
> For GIF images to be processed using default FOP 0.92 Beta methods are there any implementation
procedures that need to be in place?

> My FOP implementation is as follows:
>
>             FopFactory fopFactory = FopFactory.newInstance();
>             FOUserAgent userAgent = fopFactory.newFOUserAgent();
>
>             // Setup output
>             OutputStream out = new java.io.FileOutputStream(fopOutputDir + fileRoot +
".pdf");
>             out = new java.io.BufferedOutputStream(out);
>             try {
>                 Fop fop = fopFactory.newFop(MimeConstants.MIME_PDF, userAgent, out);
>
>                 //Setup Transformer
>                 Source xsltSrc = new StreamSource(fopDirectory + xslName);
>                 TransformerFactory transformerFactory = TransformerFactory.newInstance();
>                 Transformer transformer = transformerFactory.newTransformer(xsltSrc);
>
>                 // Set up flags for use within the XSL transform
>                 transformer.setParameter("fop_home", fopDirectory);
>
>                 Source src = new StreamSource(fopOutputDir + fileRoot + ".xml");
>
>                 //Make sure the XSL transformation's result is piped through to FOP
>                 Result res = new SAXResult(fop.getDefaultHandler());
>
>                 //Start the transformation and rendering process
>                 transformer.transform(src, res);
>             } catch (Exception e) {
>                 throw new AzeeFatalException("FOP transform error",e);
>             }finally {
>                 out.close();
>             }
>
> Cheers,