From Jason R Briggs <jason.bri...@rhe.co.nz>
Subject clickable SVGs
Date Tue, 11 Jul 2006 05:49:35 GMT
Hi All

One of my colleagues has a problem with an SVG chart in a PDF which
needs to be clickable -- a click on the chart jumps to another page in
the pdf.  The SVG is created using Java2d and Batik (batik's SVG
generator).  Weirdly, only the text at the bottom of the chart is
actually clickable -- there are 2 rows of text at the bottom (but still
part of the SVG xml) and only the last row can be clicked on.

The xsl-fo begins something like this:

<fo:basic-link show-destination="new" internal-destination="InferenceData">
    <fo:inline>
        <fo:instream-foreign-object>
            <svg xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg" ...

I've done a test with a much smaller SVG graphic and an external link
(below) and this seems to work okay.  Although when clicking it still
looks like only the bottom half of the graphic is actually highlighted.

<fo:basic-link show-destination="new" role="An Example"
external-destination="http://www.yahoo.com">
    <fo:inline>
        <fo:instream-foreign-object><svg:svg width="3mm" height="3mm"
viewBox="0 0 30 30">
            <svg:circle cx="15" cy="15" r="7" fill="#0000ff"
stroke="none" stroke-width="0"/></svg:svg>
        </fo:instream-foreign-object>
    </fo:inline>
</fo:basic-link>

Has anyone else had similar problems with basic-links surrounding SVG
graphics?

Thanks,
Jason

PS.  Using latest version of FOP from svn head