From Jeremias Maerki <...@jeremias-maerki.ch>
Subject Re: Body overlapping over the footnotes
Date Wed, 08 Feb 2006 19:19:18 GMT
I need to verify first but I think I know what's wrong. For those who
know the technical details: I think the list layout managers ignore
padding-top and padding-bottom when they produce the combined element
list. I had to fix a similar problem for tables and it may be that I
didn't also check lists back when I did that. I'll look into it tomorrow.

The immediate work-around would be to replace padding-top and
padding-bottom with space-before and space-after (conditionality="retain")
on the child elements of the list items. But that's an ugly hack. I
better fix this.

On 08.02.2006 17:15:39 Florent Georges wrote:
> Chris Bowditch wrote:
>
> > The problem appears obvious to me, look at your
> > simple-page-master:
>
> >    <fo:region-body margin-left="50pt" margin-top="75pt"
> > margin-bottom="75pt" margin-right="50pt" />
> >    <fo:region-before extent="76pt" precedence="true" />
> >    <fo:region-after extent="100pt" precedence="true" />
> >    <fo:region-start extent="52pt" />
> >    <fo:region-end extent="39pt" />
>
> > The size allowed for the region-after is 100pt, but your
> > region-body only has a bottom margin of 75pt.
>
>   Yes, indeed.  Thanks for pointed this out.
>
> > Change the bottom margin to 100pt and  they will not
> > overlap.
>
>   Unfortunately, this doesn't solve the problem.  Actually, this solve
> the problem in the simple example I have shown you.  But not in the
> real document, thanks to Murphy.
>
>   I post the real FO and PDF (with alphanumeric modified) resp. there:
>
>     http://cjoint.com/?cirmeCeuif
>     http://cjoint.com/?cirmBb6ffr
>     http://cjoint.com/?cirm61QAdJ
>
> The last one is the FO, indented (not really the original FO, but more
> readable).
>
>   Thanks in advance.  Regards,

Jeremias Maerki