From Jeremias Maerki <...@jeremias-maerki.ch>
Subject Re: SVG embedding
Date Mon, 16 Jan 2006 08:23:44 GMT
You get this error message if you forget to bind the "xlink" namespace
prefix to the XLink Namespace. An example from the SVG 1.1 spec:

<?xml version="1.0" standalone="no"?>
<!DOCTYPE svg PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD SVG 1.1//EN" "http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/1.1/DTD/svg11.dtd">
<svg width="4in" height="3in" version="1.1" xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg" xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink">
  <desc>This graphic links to an external image</desc>
  <image x="200" y="200" width="100px" height="100px" xlink:href="myimage.gif">
    <title>My image</title>
  </image>
</svg>

(note the "xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink"!!!)

On 15.01.2006 20:56:45 barabab wrote:

> I'm looking for a way to process a FO file with instream SVG file
> containing an embedded base64-encoded image. I'm getting a "Fatal Error"
> message, that the "prefix 'xlink' for attribute 'xlink:href' is not
> bound". The same happens, if i put the embedded image into a seperate
> file and link to it as xlink:href="file.png".
> Does anybody know a solution?

Jeremias Maerki