From JBry...@s-s-t.com
Subject Re: [POLL] Your experience with FOP 0.90alpha1 so far???
Date Fri, 09 Dec 2005 16:06:00 GMT
I did read the upgrading page. It doesn't mention scaling.

> 1. A content-width="scale-to-fit" will do what you want.

Well, no, it won't, actually. The trouble is that I don't want images that
are less than the width of the page to be expanded to the width of the
page. The old behavior of scaling images that exceeded the size of the
container to fit the container and leaving smaller images as is worked
perfectly. It may not have met the spec, but I regarded it as a feature of
FOP, as it saved me time I would otherwise spend scaling images by hand.
Anyway, that won't stop me from using the new version. I'll just scale all
the images and go merrily onward.

> 2. The XSL 1.1 bookmarks are implemented and produce PDF bookmarks.

A message between developers that went by around the time of the 0.90alpha
release made me think they weren't yet implemented. I can't readily find
the message now, and I don't want to spend a lot of time looking for it.
Anyway, I guess I had a mistaken impression, so I'll try out the new
bookmark toys and see what I get. Also, the compliance page doesn't list
the three bookmark instructions.

> What I don't understand is what you mean by "tinkering with
> transforms". Would you please explain?

The day you released 0.90alpha, I tried it against some of my documents
and found that I had to adjust some of my XSLT transforms to meet the
requirements of the new version. I don't recall exactly what I had to
adjust at this point. If memory serves, they were small changes caused by
0.90alpha's tighter conformance to the spec. I'm about to do it again to
test the new bookmark instructions, so I'll let you know more detail soon
(later today).

Jay Bryant
Bryant Communication Services