From "Sascha Schmidt" <cont...@northbit.de>
Subject RE: Performance: Caching Fonts, stylesheets
Date Thu, 01 Dec 2005 15:48:30 GMT
Hi,

FOP is not using any stylesheet to render a pure XSL-FO document into PDF.
Do you create a temporary XSL-FO file with RTF2FO or are you sending
SAX-Events or a DOM to FOP?

BTW, we are also distributing an RTF to XSL-FO processor, called JFO, that
already comes with integration for FOP and other renderers. We are sending
SAX-Events to FOP immediatelly after converting from RTF to XSL-FO. This
saves a lot of time, because no XML stream must be parsed. I would be happy
if you could download the latest build of JFO and make some tests. ;-)

Cheers,
Sascha

NORTHBIT
Sascha Schmidt
 <mailto:contact@northbit.de> contact@northbit.de
 <http://www.northbit.de/> www.northbit.de

  _____

From: Thomas.Schmitt.extern@HVBSystems.com
[mailto:Thomas.Schmitt.extern@HVBSystems.com]
Sent: Thursday, December 01, 2005 4:15 PM
To: fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org
Subject: Performance: Caching Fonts, stylesheets

Hi,

currently I try to to increase the performance in my FO2PDF process.
.
I have a complex 2 page rtf document, which is converted manually by RTF2FO.
The FO to PDF process takes about 4 secs.
I am using already a driver pool.

Removing the true type fonts in the config xml saves approximately 1 second.
Can these fonts be cached somewhow ?
Is FOP using xslt to render the PDF ? Would a cashed stylesheet then be an
optimization ?

Is there anything else I can do ?

Thanx, Thomas