From "Simon Burton" <apa...@codlord.com>
Subject Re: FOP producing BLANK PDFs on 1 of 4 servers
Date Wed, 23 Nov 2005 14:31:59 GMT
We are using J2SE 1.4.1_04, Tomcat 3.3.1 and mod_jk (not sure what version)

I have as of yet been unable to download on the command line using wget or lynx as our system
requires username/password logon/authentication and does html redirects so have not yet found
a way to actually download the PDF using these methods (just get the redirect page downloaded).

If I download and save the PDF's from acrobat the correct one is 45kb and the incorrect one
is 78kb, however I did spot a small clue which is Acrobat displays a dialog for a split second
when the blank one is loading which is entitled "Rebuild" with the text "This file is damaged
but is being repaired." (had to record the screen as an AVI and play back in slo-mo to read
it!)

Thanks for the help so far, I will write some java to save the correct/incorrect PDF's in
their raw form as served up (rather than after saving from acrobat which is what I have now)
- maybe this will give me some clues.