From "Simon Burton" <apa...@codlord.com>
Subject FOP producing BLANK PDFs on 1 of 4 servers
Date Tue, 22 Nov 2005 16:48:40 GMT
We are using the latest fop version (0.20.5) and have a working solution (apache/cocoon/fop
using xsl stylesheet and xml to create a PDF served up directly in the browser) on 3 of our
servers but when running against the 4th server the PDF is always blank.
A PDF is served in the browser via acrobat and it has the expected number of pages but all
the pages are completely blank.

Server: Working ones: Suse 9 / Problem one: RedHat 9 (Server Kernels all 2.4.26)
FOP: 0.20.5 + Cocoon
Client: IE 6.0.2900 on Windows XP Pro SP2 AND Firefox 1.5 on Suse Linux 9.3
Adobe Acrobat: 7.0.2 (Windows) / 7.0.1 (Linux)

Obviously the main difference is that the problem server is using RedHat, but so far we have
been unable to figure out why this is happening.

We have tried the following:
- Copying all our jars from working server to problem server (just in case there were differences)
- Manually running fop on the command line using the same xsl stylesheet and xml output as
server - this generates the PDF correctly.
- Turning on fop debug - no revealing info
- Tried googling, searching the mail archives and bugzilla - no luck yet

Is there anything we can do to trace the cause of this problem - addtional debug on fop/cocoon
or whatever?
Thanks.