From Glen Mazza <gma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Compiled FOP versions
Date Wed, 16 Nov 2005 14:02:27 GMT
Without servlets and JSPs, what will your provider allow you use to
execute programs on the server--ASP, PHP, or cgi?  A pure HTTP server
will not be able to activate programs, regardless of what you can
compile FOP into.  Is the provider using IIS or Apache as the web server?

My thinking, along with Jeremias', is that it would be probably best to
somehow distribute/install the Java VM with your application.  The JVM
is, after all, already compiled into an executable that the server can
run.  I can't see the reason why you would not be allowed to run the JVM
executable but you would be allowed to run another compiled executable
instead (what you are trying to do to FOP)--they would both be programs
running on the server.

Glen