From Jeremias Maerki <...@jeremias-maerki.ch>
Subject Re: Long Table repeat header
Date Tue, 22 Nov 2005 22:06:09 GMT
static-content is usually layed out after the region-body. Only after a
region-body is fully processed do you know which elements are on the
page and therefore which markers apply. Since markers can contain
content of variable height, different content would have an influence on
the layout in the region-body and could then trigger a "relayout" of the
region-body, possibly causing changes in active markers etc. etc. The
worst case is an infinite loop. :-)

On 22.11.2005 21:44:01 Sascha Schmidt wrote:
> I wonder, why fo:retrieve-marker is restricted to static content and not
> allowed in the flow. Does anybody has an explanation?

Jeremias Maerki