From Glen Mazza <gma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: NullPointerException while trying to run FOP servlet
Date Wed, 05 Oct 2005 14:24:13 GMT
Jeremias Maerki wrote:

> Was there a nested exception further down the stack trace? If not, this
> is not enough information for us help you. Please run this document
> through FOP from the command-line. This might help you track down the
> problem. Maybe it's not even caused by FOP.

If your FO (or XML/XSLT stylesheet) works fine from FOP command-line,
you may also wish to try using Xerces and Xalan instead of the Oracle
parsing libraries and see if the problem still occurs.  (Ideally, even
if there were an error in the input FO, I would think the Oracle
JXTransformer should be robust enough to not throw an NPE but a
meaningful error message instead.)

Glen