From Andreas L Delmelle <a_l.delme...@pandora.be>
Subject Re: Font embedding FOP dev
Date Tue, 27 Sep 2005 21:07:28 GMT
On Sep 27, 2005, at 22:27, Dirk Bromberg wrote:

> i wants to test to switch my project from 20.5 to dev.
>
> Now i want to embedd my ttf fonts via the fop.xconf.
<snip />
> but i always get the exception "D:\mypath_to_run\ArialUNI.xml
> FileNotFoundException" .... the Path is not relative to the xconf! it
> is relative to my running directory.

Ouch! The user-configuration functionality is not fully ported yet,
especially the baseURL bit... Sorry. The entry is present in fop.xconf,
but currently serves no purpose.

Since I do need to finish up a few things in that area of the code,
most likely I'll be able to squeeze it in during the weekend.

> How can i set the right directory? I've tried to set the
> D:\mypath_to_run\confdir as basePath via the
> fop.getUserAgent().setBaseURL(...) but there was no change...

The only way I see that might --note: not 100% sure-- temporarily solve
your problem is to include the full pathnames in the font-triplet
(possibly even as full 'file://' URLs to avoid them from being
interpreted as a relative URLs)

Why the baseURL isn't taken into account when building the font-list,
I'm not certain, but this does mean that even if I complete the
user-configurable baseURL, it still won't work as it did before...

For now, try out with absolute URLs in the triplets. As far as I
understand the related code, that should do the trick.

If not, don't hesitate to report back.

HTH!

Cheers,

Andreas