From JBry...@s-s-t.com
Subject Re: determine if block is before page-break
Date Tue, 27 Sep 2005 15:15:00 GMT
There's no way to detect it, but there is a way to prevent it from
happening: Wrap those middle three blocks in a table, with each block
going into its own row (and cell). Then specify keep-together on all the
rows. Depending on your XSLT code, this can take some extra effort.
Sometimes, you'll need to use predicates such as [position()=last()] to
get the blocks you want to put in the table.

I understand that the upcoming version will support keeps on blocks, which
will provide a simpler solution.

Jay Bryant
Bryant Communication Services
(presently consulting at Synergistic Solution Services)

Prakash R <raghits@yahoo.com>
09/27/2005 04:07 AM
Please respond to
fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org

fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org
cc

Subject
determine if block is before page-break

I have the following fo:

<fo:block>123</fo:block>
<fo:block>xyz</fo:block>
<fo:block><fo:leader/></fo:block>
<fo:block>abc</fo:block>
<fo:block>def</fo:block>

I want to put the leader only if it is not followed by
a page break. Is there a way to determine if fo:leader
is followed by page break?

Thank you.
Prakash