From Chris Bowditch <bowditch_ch...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: FOP and OC4J
Date Tue, 27 Sep 2005 12:45:10 GMT
George Mardale wrote:

> Hi everybody,
>
> I developed an application that generated PDF documents using FOP. I
> deployed the application on Tomcat and it worked ok. After that, I tried
> to deploy it on Oracle's OC4J and I got the following exception when
> trying to generate the PDF files:
>
> XSL-1000: (Fatal Error) Error while parsing XSL file (Start of root
> element expected.).
>

> Do you have an idea why this happens? I assume it's related to the xml
> parsers, but the xml-related jars bundled in the applications are the
> same on Tomcat and on OC4J.

Yes this problem is down to the fact Oracle comes bundled with their own
XML parsers. If you look in the lib\endorsed folder of the JDK supplied
with Oracle's OC4J you may see JAR files for the XML Parser. If this
directory doesn't exist create it and put the xerces.jar and
xml-apis.jar in there.

Chris