From Andreas L Delmelle <a_l.delme...@pandora.be>
Subject Re: multiple tables in same row on page
Date Fri, 23 Sep 2005 19:15:39 GMT
On Sep 23, 2005, at 04:20, Manuel Mall wrote:

> On Fri, 23 Sep 2005 07:23 am, Prakash R wrote:

Hi,

>> I have a fo which looks like this:
>>
>> The number of tables in the fo:block is variable. Is
>> there a way to lay the tables in a single row one
>> after the other and if it does not fit in the same row
>> to go on the next row.

As Manuel already indicated, this is currently not possible (certainly
not with FOP 0.20.5).

However, the solution Manuel suggests becomes much simpler if you use
FOP's svn-trunk, which offers support for starts-row and ends-row on
table-cells. You would not need to generate a row element, but just
conditionally add an attribute to the enclosing table-cell. This has
the advantage of making the XSLT much less complicated.

> Also fop does not support auto table layout. This means you have to
> specify column width on each column. If you do that you know the
> overall width of each table and if you know the width of each table you
> know how many fit on each line and then you can create a one row n-cell
> table for each desired output line in your fo file.

True. This is exactly what makes it possible to keep track of the
accumulated width and add a starts-row property to the cells in
question. The feature we'd really need to implement for this is
"fo:inlines with block content", so that we can have inline-tables like
in HTML.

Now, a kind request for Prakash --a question of mailing-list etiquette.
The following is what I obtained from the header of the Raw Message: