From Glen Mazza <gma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: more than one fo:flow in fo:page-sequence
Date Tue, 27 Sep 2005 20:05:15 GMT
Andreas L Delmelle wrote:

>> Sorry, but I disagree. The content-model of fo:page-sequence is:
>>
>> (title?,static-content*,flow)
>

> Or maybe you're referring to the XSL-FO 1.1 Rec, which FOP currently
> does not implement.
>
> There indeed, more than one flow may be put inside a page-sequence, and
> mapped to the regions using fo:flow-map...

I think the XSL WG will be increasing the amount of documentation in the
1.1 WD that describes how multiple flows and flow-maps will work.

Alongside multiple fo:flows, in the 1.1 WD, fo:simple-page-master has
been expanded to allow multiple fo:region-bodies (although perhaps it
would have been nicer if they kept fo:s-p-m unchanged and created a new
fo:page-master that would have this advanced functionality.)  I am
guessing an fo:flow-map would not really be needed for multiple flows;
just have one fo:flow refer to one fo:region-body and a second fo:flow
refer to another fo:region-body within the fo:s-p-m.

The fo:flow-map (again, my guess), is for when you want the contents of
one fo:flow to flow from one fo:region-body to another within the same
fo:simple-page-master.  Anyway, this will be fun 1.1 stuff for the FOP
team and user community.

Glen