From David Gagnon <dgag...@siunik.com>
Subject Re: Is there a way to stop the creation of a PDF when the user close the browser windows?
Date Wed, 21 Sep 2005 00:38:36 GMT
Hi thanks for you answer,

>The short answer is no - there is no means in the FOP API to interrupt a
>rendering run.
>
>The long answer is more like: it depends. What's your environment? How
>do you invoke FOP? How do you serve the data to the client? For example
>if you invoke FOP as a spawned process you could simply kill it.

It`s run in a servlet.

>You also said that you must wait for the report to be generated before
>starting to send it. There is no intrinsic need to do that but may be
>your application architecture requires that.

No doesn`t need it but I thought it`s was a limitation of the
environnement since we need to set the  Content Length in the anwser before
sending the data i.e.:
response.setContentLength(content.length);

Is there a way to avoid that .. That will be so nice?

I know when I generate an HTML report I get a java.net.SocketException
when I close the browser window while the report is generated and send
over the internet).  Is there a way I can test if the socket is still
open while I generate the report?

>For example in a servlet
>type environment you could connect the fop outputstream directly to the
>servlet outputstream.

I worked this problem a while ago .. but your telling my I don't need to
set the content length ?!  My solution need to work with IE too ...

Thanks for your help !

/David