From "J.Pietschmann" <j3322...@yahoo.de>
Subject Re: Invalid XML character (Unicode: 0x0)
Date Sat, 10 Sep 2005 09:55:47 GMT
Greg Stark wrote:
> How can I resolve this?  Is there a way on Solaris to search and replace
> 0000x0 characters.  This is an XSLT question, I am asking here because it is
> part of my FOP process before the file is translated to fo and then a PDF.
>
> The file saved as UTF-8 contains Chinese characters.  I go to that location,
> and there is no null character there!

If you look at the file using a text editor, it's likely you wont
see NUL characters.

Try a hex editor, or one of the character analyzation tools
like
   http://www.cis.upenn.edu/~wjposer/unidesc.html
or a character encoding translator which should give you a
byte offset for the problem position.
I'd also check whether your editor has known bugs WRT saving
files in UTF-8.

J.Pietschmann