From ALi <osat...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: problems with times
Date Wed, 21 Sep 2005 09:11:50 GMT
Sorry, but not, because it happens always when the first xsl is read,
if i do the gc it didnt happen.
We have a servlet that outputs pdf, the first time is always about 7
second, others are rapid ....
i dont think it will be the swap or the OS because i have try in many
systems (linux aix windows ..)
and always the same ... the first time it reads the xsl is less rapid
than others.
And on java machine didnt exists virtual memory no? java works with
his own heap in memory ... and it is not problem from the
memory because we change the memory and it happens again ....

Are you sure its not your operating system which causes the time
differences. Even OSes tend to warm up, ie. the first time around
existing stuff gets swapped out and the new code loaded. Next time
around this is not required any more.

Manuel