From "Harms, Flemming Nickolas" <flemming.ha...@capgemini.com>
Subject Poor quality when printing
Date Wed, 07 Sep 2005 20:07:39 GMT

Greetings

I have problems with the quality when I sent my FO directly to the
printer. The font "Times Roman" and other fonts are not very pretty when
they are printed. If I create a PDF file it look fine.

Below is the code I use to send the FO to the printer. The PrintRenderer
class is from the servlet example from fop-0.20.5.

                        PrinterJob pj = PrinterJob.getPrinterJob();

                        page = pj.pageDialog(page);

                        if (pj.printDialog()) {

                                     PrintRenderer renderer = new
PrintRenderer(pj);

                                     driver.setInputSource(new
InputSource(convertXML2FO(page)));

                                     driver.setRenderer(renderer);

                                    try {

                                                driver.run();

                                    } catch (IOException e) {

                                                e.printStackTrace();

                                    } catch (FOPException e) {

                                                e.printStackTrace();

                                    }

                        }

Any ideas why the quality is so bad when I print it?

Regards,

Flemming