From Jeremias Maerki <...@jeremias-maerki.ch>
Subject Re: print date at document view time
Date Fri, 16 Sep 2005 12:11:43 GMT
Yes, there is no such thing in XSL-FO. There's also nothing in PDF that
would allow to do this. After all, FOP doesn't send the PDF to the
printer. FOP doesn't know when you print your PDF using Acrobat Reader,
for example. The only thing you can do is put the current date into the
XSL-FO document at the XSLT stage using EXSLT date and time functions,
for example.

On 16.09.2005 14:03:40 Albert Briner wrote:
> I didn't find anything in the XSL-FO standard, but is there a way in FOP to
> generate a document "field" that will convert to the current date at the
> time the document is printed (assuming the format supports such functionality).
>
> When I search for "print date" I usually get answers about getting the
> current time at render time (e.g. converting XSL-FO to PDF). Note that I'm
> talking about print time (e.g. time the user sends the PDF to the printer).

Jeremias Maerki