From Jeremias Maerki <...@jeremias-maerki.ch>
Subject Re: Image Caching in 0.20.5
Date Mon, 12 Sep 2005 14:46:11 GMT
The cache is at class level, or more precisely at class-loader level,
i.e. if you deploy two different EARs both of which contain and use FOP,
you will likely have two caches. Just imagine: the static resetCache()
methods wouldn't be necessary if the cache was implemented at instance
level in the Driver class.

I hope that helps.

On 12.09.2005 16:40:00 Oosterbaan, Douglas S. (LNG-DAY) wrote:

> In FOP 0.20.5, is the image cache managed by FopImageFactory a class level
> cache or instance level cache?  I.e. if we were to run FOP in an EJB such
> that each FO document we process creates/destroys a new Driver class do we
> get any benefit from calling
> org.apache.fop.image.FopImageFactory.resetCache()?
>
> Thank you.

Jeremias Maerki