From Jeremias Maerki <...@jeremias-maerki.ch>
Subject Re: upgrading from 20.0.5 to the trunk
Date Mon, 12 Sep 2005 12:37:05 GMT

On 12.09.2005 13:31:14 Sonja Löhr wrote:

> I try learning  ...
>
> Could you please just tell me whether I am on the right track for
> configuration with the fop-trunk?
>

> DefaultConfigurationBuilder confbuilder = new
> DefaultConfigurationBuilder();
> Configuration fileconf =
> confbuilder.buildFromFile(ctx.getRealPath(CONFIG_FILE));

So far so good. :-)

> DefaultConfiguration conf = new DefaultConfiguration(fileconf);

I wouldn't do that. It doesn't help because....

> conf.setAttribute("strokeSVGText", false);

Doesn't exist anymore. There's an open task for me to revisit that.

> conf.setAttribute("fontBaseDir", ctx.getRealPath("/WEB-INF/fonts"));

fontBaseDir was introduced after FOP was branched from the main dev tree
and since nobody implemented this for FOP Trunk, yet, this is not
available. ATM you need to use absolute paths in the font configuration.
Patches welcome. Ideally, the fonts will be loaded through the
URIResolver.

> conf.setAttribute("baseDir", ctx.getRealPath("/"));

Cannot be specified through the config file right now.

The equivalent would be:

userAgent.setBaseURL(ctx.getRealPath("/"));

> Fop fop = new Fop(Fop.RENDER_PDF);
> fop.getUserAgent().setUserConfig(conf);

that's ok but only the font setup and the PDF library are currently
configured through the config file.

In the following post you will find an attachment with a sample config
file. You will notice that the whole thing has changed slightly.
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/xmlgraphics-fop-dev/200509.mbox/%3c20050906222251.1F2B.DEV.JEREMIAS@greenmail.ch%3e

> or

No, "and". :-)

> fop.getUserAgent().setBaseURL()
> instead of specifying this inside the DefaultConfiguration?

Not instead. You need to do both.

> (Font basedir is not essential since it is under baseDir)

but relative paths for fonts are currently not possible, I'm afraid.

> Leaving now, I'll simply try tomorrow if no veto occurs ;-)

Veto? It's simply your time. You will see that there are still a few
things to do to bring FOP Trunk up to the same level for everything. But
it's good we get reminded this way. But I'll write the docs soon and I'm
sure I will need to fix a few things while I'm doing that.

Jeremias Maerki