From Adam Augusta <rox...@WPI.EDU>
Subject Re: line-height interpretation
Date Wed, 07 Jul 2004 17:39:14 GMT
On Tue, 6 Jul 2004, Adam Augusta wrote:

> No matter what line height I pick, the engine seems to add 5pt plus a
> little more.  So if I pick 17pt, I get 22pt+, and if I pick 7pt, I get
> 12pt+.  The compliance page says that the property is fully implemented.
> So why am I getting this 5pt+ discrepancy?

I think I've figured out the formula FOP uses.  I'm quite sure it's wrong;
the height of the block should simply be line-height, if specified in
length, or as a multiplier of the font-size, if specified dimensionless.

It seems to be:
Diff(Ascender,Descender)*font-size/1000 + (line-height - font-size)

Where font-size and line-height are both specified in points.

I'll use this formula for now, but would appreciate any feedback.