From "Rea, Matthew" <Matthew....@auspost.com.au>
Subject instream-foreign-object vertical alignment
Date Tue, 06 Jul 2004 06:52:11 GMT

Hello,

I have a fo:instream-foreign-object that contains some SVG to draw a few
lines.  This is placed in a table cell inside a block and I want to
horizontally align to the left side and vertically align to the bottom of
the cell.

The following XSL-FO "nearly" works:

<fo:table-cell border-style="solid" border-width="0.1mm" border-color="blue"
display-align="after">
<fo:block text-align="left" vertical-align="bottom">
<fo:instream-foreign-object>

        <!-SVG content -->

</fo:instream-foreign-object>
</fo:block>
<fo:table-cell>

The horizontal alignment works great but the vertical alignment only
partially works.... or rather it doesn't work exactly the way I want it to.
The problem is the vertical align does not align the SVG right to the bottom
of the cell like I really need.  The table row the cell is in is 16mm high
and the svg is consistently vertically aligned to approximately 0.5mm from
the bottom of the cell.  The same thing happens if I try and vertically
align to the top of the cell.  I want the SVG to be sitting right against
the table border which works fine horizontally, just not vertically.

Any ideas on how to get this working?

I using FOP 0.20.5 on WinXP.

Thanks in advance,

Matthew Rea

Australia Post is committed to providing our customers with excellent service. If we can assist
you in any way please telephone 13 13 18 or visit our website www.auspost.com.au.

CAUTION

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are privileged and confidential information
intended for the use of the addressee. The confidentiality and/or privilege in this e-mail
is not waived, lost or destroyed if it has been transmitted to you in error. If you have received
this e-mail in error you must (a) not disseminate, copy or take any action in reliance on
it; (b) please notify Australia Post immediately by return e-mail to the sender; and (c) please
delete the original e-mail.