From "Pascal Sancho" <pascal.san...@takoma.fr>
Subject RE: Trying to Troubleshoot an Issue
Date Fri, 09 Jul 2004 08:20:57 GMT
Hello,
I think that % values refer to container width/height of the image container.
If you want to scale your image, you should multiply/divide the actual image size with a relevant
factor.

For example, you want that your image to be laid out in 300 dpi, you should apply an xslt
calculation to the attribute, like this: width="{IMAGE/@WIDTH / 300}in".
If you want a 60% size (pt unit is supposed): width="{IMAGE/@WIDTH * .6}pt".

Pascal

-----Message d'origine-----
De : David Shevitz [mailto:dshevitz@singlestep.com]
Envoyé : jeudi 8 juillet 2004 18:03
À : fop-user@xml.apache.org
Objet : Trying to Troubleshoot an Issue

Hello all,

I'm trying to determine the source of a problem I'm having. I have several documents that
include images. Ideally, I would like to control the size of these images by percentage--for
example, I would like all images for a document to be 60% of their original size.

I had thought I could set these parameters in my XML document, but they don't seem to take.
When I use actual point sizes, the images are displayed as expected, but any values that I
enter as percentages are ignored.

I think the problem lies in one of three places:

1. My XML editor is not assigning the values correctly (I use XMLMind).
2. FOP does not support percentage values yet.
3. My inexperience with XML and such is once again rearing its ugly head.

Has anyone else experienced this? If it is a FOP-related issue, could anyone recommend a reliable
workaround?

Thanks!

Dave Shevitz