From "J.Pietschmann" <j3322...@yahoo.de>
Subject Re: XMLParser error with unicode characters in XML file.
Date Thu, 08 Jul 2004 10:59:19 GMT
Manoj_Nair@spe.sony.com wrote:
> My boss just called me and informed me that on UNIX ( where we have our
> jars and where we run our application server) its getting an error
> saying "encoding error utf8". It worked on windows 2000 pro which I am
> using. Does the utf8 string needs to be different on unix?

The most likely problem is that the files got corrupted during transfer.

You should definitely get some education about encoding issues rather
than stumbling along blindly. Start here for the XML related problems
  http://skew.org/xml/tutorial/
There are some websites dealing with encoding issues in Java and with
transferring files across machines as well.

J.Pietschmann