From Chris Bowditch <bowditch_ch...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Detecting errors in rendering
Date Mon, 05 Jul 2004 08:50:10 GMT
Richard Evans wrote:
> I’ve tried implementing my own Logger and using Driver.setLogger and
> this does catch some errors.  However other errors (bad property
> formats, etc) seem to be reported via the static ‘screen logger’.  I
> don’t see how I can use the screen logger safely in a multi-threaded
> environment.

The screen logger is set by:

MessageHandler.setScreenLogger(logger);

However, as you've noticed, in a MT environment, the messages for different
threads will be mingled together. The way I solved this problem, was to create
a logger that can have many listeners which each register with the logger. The
constructor for each listener records the thread name, and when starting a new
thread, a new listener is registered with the logger. The logger then passes
its events to registered listeners whose thread name matches the current thread.

I hope this makes sense.

Chris