From "J.Pietschmann" <j3322...@yahoo.de>
Subject Re: fo:marker initial child error
Date Thu, 01 Jul 2004 19:16:28 GMT
Louis.Masters@log-net.com wrote:

> OK, I can get it to work if I manually remove the carriage returns and
> place the marker inside an inline:
> However, xalan will not let me do this.

The line feed probably comes from the input. Check whether
xsl:strip-space elemets="*", or a better selection of elements,
fixes this. If this doesn't help, or discards whitespace elsewhere,
refine the template which generates the FO containing the
markers.
Otherwise, check whether you've set indent="yes" in the xsl:output
element, although this shouldn't have an effect if you run FOP
with the xml+xsl command line.

J.Pietschmann