From "Sun, Tiffany (Tong)" <T...@AAS.com>
Subject RE: EPS image printing problem
Date Thu, 08 Jul 2004 19:25:02 GMT
I'm embedding EPS files in my FOP also, when I try to generate PDF files,
here's what I did to make it show up in browser and on printer:

First generate PS file using FOP.
Second use ps2pdf (free from GhostScript) generate PDF file from PS file.

The generated PDF files have very good quality.

-----Original Message-----
From: Peter Gustafsson [mailto:gusp@telia.com]
Sent: Thursday, July 08, 2004 8:22 AM
To: fop-user@xml.apache.org
Subject: EPS image printing problem

I have a problem with printing EPS images that i have included in my fop
generated pdf file.
I know that it isn't supposed to show up in acrobat but I can't even print

I have tried to view the PDF;s with GSView4.1 but the image wasn't shown
there either.

Thought there was som sort of error in the image so I created a sample image
with Illustrator which wasn't shown either.

The image is however embedded in the pdf file since the file size is rather
big and a space for the image is reserved in the pdf.

I also tried viewing the pdf on another computer with the same result.

I have tried both fop 0.20.4 and 0.20.5 (binary distrubition) and 0.20.5
(source) my testcode is:

/Peter Gustafsson

  <fo:simple-page-master margin-right="0pt" margin-left="0pt"
page-height="11in" page-width="8.5in" margin-bottom="0pt" margin-top="0pt"
   <fo:region-body margin-top="0pt" margin-bottom="0pt"/>
 <fo:page-sequence master-reference="main">
  <fo:flow flow-name="xsl-region-body">

     <fo:external-graphic width="4in" src="url('test.eps')"  />