From Jeremias Maerki <dev.jerem...@greenmail.ch>
Subject Re: trying to get latest FOP with RTF output
Date Fri, 09 Jul 2004 14:00:05 GMT
If you're not familiar with Java, then you should probably not use the
latest code for now. FOP 0.20.5 is still more advanced in many aspects
than the code you've just downloaded.

Before you can run FOP you have to compile it. The fop.bat is not
generated during compilation and the snapshot only contains the sources.
That's why you get the NoClassDefFoundError.

On 09.07.2004 15:51:23 Chris wrote:
> Thanks Jeremias.  Now I have the latest code but I can't seem to run it
> (not familiar with Java).  What does the "Exception in thread "main"
> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/fop/apps/Fop" mean?  I
> unzipped xml-fop_20040709104525.tar.gz on WinXP and tried to run fop.bat
> like the latest release that I downloaded.  I didn't compile it because
> it already had a fop.bat, but if I need to how do I go about doing
> that?  I have Java 2 version 1.4.

Jeremias Maerki